**** RCMP Media Release
Firearm and other stolen items found during search
On February 10, members the Valley Integrated and Annapolis District Street Crime Enforcement Units, with assistance from Kings District RCMP, were conducting a search of a residence for stolen property. During the search, police located a handgun, other possibly stolen property, plus a significant quantity of marihuana, hydromorphone, lorazepam, and a large amount of cash.
A man and a woman were arrested without incident at the scene.
Michael Boylan, 33, of Berwick was held in custody overnight and has been charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Prohibited from Possession of Cannabis for the Purpose of Distributing
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Order (3 counts)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized
Boylan was remanded into custody, appeared in court on February 11, and is scheduled to return to Kentville Provincial Court on February 13.
Jennifer Fulton, 24, of Berwick was released later that day and is scheduled to appear in Kentville Provincial Court on April 14 on the following charges:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking(2 counts)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Distributing
- Possession of Property Obtained by CrimeOver $5000
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
The investigation is ongoing. Kings District RCMP continues to ask the public for assistance by providing information about the theft of the firearms and other crimes that have occurred in the area. Report information directly to the RCMP by calling 902-679-5555, or should you wish to remain anonymous, call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.