**** RCMP Media Release
Yarmouth Man arrested on child pornography charges
The RCMP’s Yarmouth/Clare Street Crime Unit has arrested a Yarmouth man for child pornography offences.
On April 21, after an investigation and the search of a home, Christopher Paul Wood of Wedgeport, Yarmouth County, has been charged with the following offenses:
- Makes, prints, publishes or possesses Child Pornography
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Sexual Interference
- Making sexually explicit material available to child
- Luring a Child,
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of firearm knowing possession is unauthorized
- Uttering threats and uttering threats to cause death
- Careless Use of a firearm
- Unsafe Storage of Firearm
Wood was remanded into custody at Yarmouth Provincial Court hearing by video appearance and was released on house arrest on a recognizance with no contact with victims, not to possess or use any electronic devices and not to access social media sites or applications. Amongst other conditions, he is not to be in contact with any child under the age of sixteen years unless in the presence of another adult without a criminal record.
The investigation was led by Yarmouth/Clare Street Crime with the assistance of H Div Human Trafficking Unit, NS Internet Child Exploitation Unit and assistance of the Yarmouth County RCMP detachment.