**** LETR Release
We are very excited to let you know that plans for the 2020 Convoy in support of Special Olympics Nova Scotia are well underway. We have an active and enthusiastic Steering Committee have an event plan that meets all the health and safety requirements outlined by Nova Scotia Public Health.
Highlights of the 2020 Convoy include:
- Plan to arrive a little later this year, registration will open at 8:00 am!
- The Convoy will start at CFB Shearwater
- Registration/Check-In will be offered right in your parking area
- Washrooms and hand wash stations will be available in your parking area
- Music, announcements and information will be provided in all parking areas
- There will be no large group gathering in the Hangar this year
- Your refreshments will be provided in your driver goody bag, your meal will be offered as a voucher to be used on Convoy day or at a later time of your choosing
- When you complete the Convoy route you will simply drive on, no post event gathering
- More details to follow!
We are introducing a “Quiet Zone” on the route this year. This will be on Caldwell Road between Cow Bay Road and Shore Road. On this portion of the route, drivers will refrain from blowing their horns, playing loud music, etc.
We hope this will create an opportunity for families who may have members who are bothered by the loud noise to come out and enjoy the Convoy. We cannot guarantee silence but we will do our utmost to encourage drivers to minimize the noise for these few blocks.
Main page: https://www.truckconvoyns.ca/