**** HRP Media Release
Man faces charges following weapons call
Police have charged a man with numerous weapons offences following a weapons call last night in Halifax.
On August 13 at approximately 8:08 p.m., Halifax Regional Police responded to the 7000 block of Quinpool Road for a weapons complaint. The caller, a delivery driver, reported that a man had answered the door wearing a mask with a rifle slung on his hip and two handguns on his waist.
Officers attended the scene and identified the suspect. When police went to speak with the suspect, he opened the door pointing a loaded crossbow at the responding officers. Officers safely disarmed the man and there were no injuries.
Adam Wayne Zinck, 40, of Halifax was charged with the following offences and will appear in Halifax Provincial Court today:
- Assault a peace officer with weapon (Section 270.01(1)(a) of the Criminal Code)
- Four counts of Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose (Section 88(1) of the Criminal Code)
- Using an imitation firearm while committing an indictable offence (Section 85(2)(a) of the Criminal Code)
- Common nuisance – endangering the lives, safety or health of the public (Section 180(1)(a) of the Criminal Code)
- Mischief – obstruct use of property (Section 430(1)(c) of the Criminal Code)
- Mischief – obstruct use/enjoyment of property (Section 430(1)(d) of the Criminal Code)
- Possession of prohibited weapon (Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code)
- Possession of prohibited/restricted weapon with no license (Section 92(2) of the Criminal Code)