**** Bridgewater Police Release
Male released on conditions following disturbance
Members of Bridgewater Police Service arrested a 27-year-old male as part of an ongoing investigation stemming from a disturbance reported to police on Friday, March 24, 2023.
Bridgewater resident Neil Jensen was arrested on Monday, March 27, 2023, and appeared in the Bridgewater Provincial Court the following day, Tuesday, March 28, 2023, charged with:
▪ Causing a disturbance under Section 175(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada
▪ Failing to comply with conditions of a release order while at large under Section 145(5)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
Jensen was remanded in custody until his release on Wednesday, March 29, 2023. At that time, he was released on several conditions including the following:
▪ He must abstain from using intoxicants and controlled substances identified under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
▪ He must refrain from entering any place where alcohol is a primary product of sale
▪ He must not own, possess or carry any weapon, prohibited device, ammunition or explosive
▪ He must not be within 20 meters of Bridgewater Elementary School and Bridgewater’s Gateway Plaza
▪ He must abide by a daily curfew in effect between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m., requiring him to be in his residence at all times during those hours and present himself at the door upon request
Jensen is scheduled to appear in Bridgewater Provincial Court again on April 12, 2023.
As the investigation in this matter is ongoing, if any member of the public has information specific to this case, please contact Bridgewater Police Service at 902-543-2464.