**** RCMP Media Release
Annapolis District RCMP charge man and seize weapons
Annapolis District RCMP has charged a man in a threats investigation and seized weapons from a residence.
On September 16, at approximately 9:15 a.m., police received a complaint of a man threatening workers at a nearby property on Hwy. 201 in South Farmington. Police attended the area and arrested a 52-year-old man without incident.
With assistance from Kings District RCMP, Annapolis District RCMP executed a search warrant at a home on Hwy. 201 and seized four firearms and ammunition.
Wayne Roger Morris, 52, of South Farmington, has been charged with the following:
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm – S. 264.1(1)(a) CC x 2
- Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited – S. 117.01(1) CC x 5
- Careless Use of a Firearm – S. 86(1) CC x 4
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm – S. 91(1) CC
- Possession of a Firearm While Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized – S. 92(1) CC
- Failure to Comply with Release Order – S. 145(5) CC x 9
Morris was held in custody overnight and will be appearing in Digby Provincial Court today.