**** CBSA Release
Canada Border Services Agency – Travel Advisory
As of August 9th, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. EDT, fully vaccinated United States (U.S.) citizens and permanent residents are eligible to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) reasons, such as tourism, however these individuals must:
1) be fully vaccinated: to be considered fully vaccinated, a traveller must have received the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
2) be residing in and travelling from the U.S.;
3) have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken in the U.S. (antigen tests are not accepted);
4) be asymptomatic;
5) submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN, including proof of vaccination in English or French;
6) be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
7) take a test on arrival, if required.
For additional information, please view our travel advisory.