**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man with weapon offences
Police have charged a man in relation to an incident where a firearm was seized in Dartmouth.
At approximately 4:15 p.m. on April 13 police responded to a report of an impaired driver in the area of Windmill and Victoria roads in Dartmouth. Officers located the vehicle in the area and activated their emergency equipment. The vehicle did not stop and attempted to flee from police. Officers stopped the vehicle after a brief pursuit and arrested the driver at the scene. A male passenger who fled the area on foot was arrested a short distance from the vehicle. Officers located a loaded firearm that he had discarded while running from the area.
Deshaie Edward Brie White, 23, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Careless handling of a firearm
- Unsafe storage contrary to regulations
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm without authorization
- Possession of a restricted firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in motor vehicle
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of weapon obtained by commission of an offence
- Possession contrary to firearm prohibition order (x 2)
Zachery Austin Haines-Matthew, 23, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of criminal flight from police.