**** HRP Media Release
Police charge two people for firearms offences
Police have charged a man and a woman with weapon offences after a search of a residence in Halifax.
The Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division, along with members of the Emergency Response Team and investigators from the General Investigation Section, searched a residence in the 0-100 block of Abbey Road in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation.
A man and woman inside the residence were arrested without incident and a loaded handgun was seized.
Arlington Derrico Denzel Beals, 26, and Kyleesha Shereah Murphy, 23, are scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court to face charges of:
- Unsafe storage of firearm or restricted weapon contrary to regulations
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
- Possession of a restricted firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition