**** Info via HRM
HRM has been listening to your feedback and have made changes to our on-street parking pay stations. Effective now:
– The brightness of the screen has been increased
– The payment type section has been divided into Coins, Swipe, and Tap Card
– Clearer instructions to help you complete payment now appear on-screen
We’ve moved from individual meters to pay stations – this is a pay-by-plate, pay-by-zone system. There will still be a mixture of paid, permit and hourly parking in parking zones.
New parking technology makes it easier to pay and allows you to pay using credit card, debit card, and smart pay. Payment is attached to your vehicle (by your license plate), not the parking space. This means your vehicle can move freely within the parking zone up to the time purchase or maximum time allowed.
Parking using a pay station for the first time? Follow these steps:
- Press any button to start – The screen on the parking station may be black. Press any button to start your session.
- Select payment type – If you’re paying with coins, select “coins”. If you’re paying with credit, select “swipe”. If you’re paying with tap debit/credit or smartphone, select “tap card”.
- Enter plate and zone – Type the license plate number for the vehicle using the keypad. The zone you are in is already selected. If purchasing time in a different zone, press the “select zone” button, backspace the current zone letter, and type the letter of your zone.
- Select time – You can select time in 15 minute, 30 minute, or 1 hour increments up to a maximum of 4 hours. Press the “next” button once you have entered your time. Press confirm if the time and payment due displayed are correct.
- Make payment – Paying with coins: add coins when screen displays “Insert coins to pay total fee and Confirm”. Press confirm when Payment Due reads $0.00.Paying with swipe: press confirm when the screen displays “Confirm to pay with card”. Insert credit card when screen reads “Insert card”Paying with tap: press confirm when the screen displays “Please confirm and Tap Card when instructed”. Tap card when screen reads “TAP card below and wait processing to complete”.