**** NSHA Media Release
NSHA advising of potential COVID-19 exposure at several HRM locations
NSHA Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at several Halifax Regional Municipality locations:
- Atlantic Superstore, 9 Braemar Dr., Dartmouth from April 9 TO April 11
- Halifax Transit routes
- Route #61 to Bridge Terminal/Halifax between 5 pm – 8 pm on April 11
- Route #10 to Dalhousie via Bridge Terminal between 5 pm – 8 pm on April 11
Public Health is directly contacting anyone known to be a close contact of the person(s) confirmed to have COVID-19. While most people have been contacted, there could be some contacts that Public Health is not aware of.
It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on the named dates at this location may develop symptoms up to, and including, April 25, 2020. People should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
If you have two or more COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call 811 for assessment. Please self-isolate until you receive 811 advice on next steps.
- Do not go directly to a COVID-19 assessment centre without being directed to do so by 811.
When NSHA Public Health makes a public notification it is not in any way a reflection on the behavior or activities of those named in the notification.
All Nova Scotians are advised to continue monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms and are urged to follow Public Health guidelines on how to access care. Up to date information about COVID-19 is available at novascotia.ca/coronavirus