**** Info via Health Canada
Health products that make false or misleading claims to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19 may put your health at risk
Product: Health products that make false and misleading claims to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19.
Issue: Health Canada is warning Canadians about the risks of purchasing health products that make unauthorized claims to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19.
What to do: If you have purchased health products that claim to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19, stop using them immediately and consult a health care professional if you have any concerns. If you have any information on the potential false or misleading advertising or sale of products in Canada, report it.
What you should do
- If you have purchased health products that claim to prevent, treat or cure COVID-19, stop using them immediately. Consult a health care professional if you have any concerns.
- Check whether a drug or natural health product and its claims have been authorized for sale by Health Canada by looking for an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). Authorized health products can also be searched in the Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Products Database.
- If you have any information on potential false and misleading advertising or the sale of products that have not been approved by Health Canada, report it.
- Avoid buying health products from questionable websites. If you have questions about whether an Internet pharmacy is legitimate, contact the pharmacy regulatory authority in your province or territory.
- Read the information Health Canada has posted on the risks of buying drugs, natural health products or medical devices online if you are considering buying health products over the Internet.
- Report any health product adverse events to Health Canada.
More information about buying health products safely is available on Health Canada’s website. For the latest and most up-to-date information on COVID-19 visit Canada.ca/coronavirus.