**** RCMP Media Release
Bible Hill man charged in fatal single vehicle collision
The Colchester County RCMP’s General Investigation Section (GIS) has laid multiple charges against a Bible Hill man in a fatal single vehicle collision on April 12 on Hwy. 246, in Oliver, Colchester County.
The RCMP, Fire and EHS responded to the collision, where a truck veered off the roadway during a sharp turn, went over an embankment and landed on its side. A 30-year-old woman passenger from Westville died at the scene. The driver and two other passengers suffered non-life-threatening injuries. They left the scene before police arrived.
The driver, Jason Edward Alexander, 37-years-old, of Bible Hill, is scheduled to appear in Truro Provincial Court on November 18, to face the following charges:
- Dangerous Operation
- Dangerous Operation causing Bodily Harm X 2
- Dangerous Operation causing Death
- Operation while Impaired causing Bodily Harm X 2
- Operation while Impaired causing Death
- Failure to Stop after Accident resulting in Bodily Harm X 2
- Failure to Stop after Accident resulting in Death