**** RCMP Media Release
Meteghan firearms incident update
Meteghan RCMP has laid 13 charges following an incident reported to police on June 29. Witnesses told police that a man was on the front porch of his home on Hwy. 1 in Meteghan, and was shooting a weapon towards vehicles as they drove past.
In total, eight people came forward and told police their vehicles had been damaged. One person’s home was also damaged. Ezio Delduca, 46, of Meteghan River, has been charged with eight counts of Mischief Under $5000, and a number of charges related to the possession and use of firearms. Police laid a total of thirteen charges.
Delduca is scheduled to appear in Digby Provincial Court on these matters on August 24. The investigation is ongoing.
Meteghan man charged for mischief and weapons offences
At 6:42 p.m. on June 29, Meteghan RCMP responded to Multiple calls of a man who was shooting at vehicles on Hwy. 1, from his front porch.
The suspect, a 46-year-old man from Meteghan River, was arrested without incident at the home. Police searched the home and seized several additional firearms. The suspect was held in custody overnight and was released on conditions to not be in possession of weapons. He is currently facing six counts of mischief and one count of Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose. He is scheduled to attend Digby Provincial Court on August 24.
So far, six people have reported they were shot at by the suspect as they drove by his residence. Meteghan RCMP is asking anyone who is a victim to contact them at 902-645-2326.