**** CAA Media Release
With the Atlantic Bubble now open, CAA Atlantic has some tips for those hoping to hit the road again.
“These are unprecedented times for travel,” says Gary Howard, Senior Vice President of Communications at CAA Atlantic. “It’s far from normal, so there are a few things to keep in mind before you head out.”
1. Book early. CAA Atlantic’s travel partners (including cottages, hotels, resorts and other vacation rentals) are all reporting a steady increase in bookings and are quickly filling up.
2. Plan ahead. Provinces request some paperwork amidst COVID-19, including forms and identification, so check with your destination province and home province before you depart, to ensure to have everything you need for seamless border crossings.
3. If you’re sick, stay home. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, it’s best to stay put – especially if you’ve been in contact with anyone who has left your province recently.
4. Take precautions. Wash your hands, wear a mask when social distancing is difficult, and avoid touching your face. Be safe and make smart choices about your activities.
5. Use a travel advisor. Our expert CAA Travel Advisors have the most up-to-date information and the relationships to offer you the best options during the pandemic. They’re here to help with whatever Atlantic Bubble travel requirements you may have.
“Overwhelmingly, we’re hearing that Atlantic Canadians want to travel,” says Howard. “They want to see family and friends in other provinces, or book their annual vacation, and we want to help them do that in a safe, positive way.”