**** HRP Media Release
Police charge two people with drug and firearms offences
Police have charged two people with drug and firearms offences after a search in Halifax earlier today.
At approximately 12:35 a.m. members of Quick Response Unit, assisted by Central Division Patrol members, searched a residence in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation. Officers arrested two people without incident and seized quantities of cocaine, fentanyl and prescription opioids, cash and a stolen firearm.
Stephen David Assoun, 43, and Zatora Sofia Lee Hines, 32, are scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession for the purposes of trafficking (x3)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a restricted firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of weapon obtained by crime
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Storing a restricted firearm contrary to regulations