**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man for impaired driving, drug and weapons offences
Police have charged a man with impaired driving, drug and weapons offences following a single vehicle crash in Halifax on Wednesday evening.
At approximately 8:45 p.m. officers responded to the 2000 block of Old Sambro Road for the report of a vehicle in a ditch with one person trapped inside. Officers arrived on scene, removed the driver from the vehicle and arrested him for impaired driving. Officers then located a loaded sawed-off shotgun in the back seat. Officers also seized a quantity of cocaine from the vehicle.
The driver sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital.
Cody John Poole, 31, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face the following charges:
- Operation of a conveyance while impaired
- Possession of a firearm contrary to court order (x 2)
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace
- Unsafe handling of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle
- Possession of cocaine
Police encourage anyone with information about illegal drugs or firearms to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.