**** NSHA Media Release
Public Health Mobile Units providing PCR COVID-19 testing in Dartmouth and Halifax
The Public Health Mobile Units will be in Dartmouth and Halifax this week and next to offer free PCR COVID-19 testing to all ages. This includes the swish and gargle test for ages 4 to 18.
Testing is available to anyone who is experiencing symptoms, has no symptoms (asymptomatic), has been to a potential exposure site, or is a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19.
The Public Health Mobile Unit will be available for booked appointments or drop-ins at the following locations:
· Cole Harbour Place (51 Forest Hills Pkwy, Dartmouth)
Thursday and Friday Oct. 7 and 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
· Cedar Event Centre (111 Clayton Park Dr., Halifax)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Oct. 8, 9, 10 and 11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To book a COVID-19 test, please visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811.
Drop-in availability based on capacity.
To see all the upcoming Public Health Mobile Unit locations visit: https://www.nshealth.ca/visit-covid-19-testing-site
Important notes when visiting the mobile unit:
· Unless you have symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your results, unless directly advised by Public Health to isolate.
· The testing method is standard PCR swab or Swish and Gargle for children and youth. Preparation is required for gargle testing. View instructions.
· Please bring your health card with you, if you have one.
· When testing is offered outside, please dress accordingly.
In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures