**** Libraries Media Release
Halifax Public Libraries, Status of Service: Your Library in Phase 5 of Reopening
Effective Monday, October 4, Halifax Public Libraries will require people ages 12+ to present Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination with additional ID to take part in programs and events occurring in our locations and will not require Proof of Vaccination for entrance into our facilities. This update to our Status of Library Service aligns with Phase 5 of the Province of Nova Scotia’s reopening plan.
To help everyone enjoy the Library, the following safety protocols and services will be available:
- Masks continue to be required in indoor spaces by Public Health, including all Library spaces. Masks are available at our Info Desks, when needed.
- To enter our facilities and to make a same-day booking for a study room, Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination is not required.
- Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination with matching personal ID is required for anyone age 12 or older to attend Library programs, including adults accompanying youth under 12.
- Personal food and drink continue to be not allowed in common spaces.
- Rooms are available for private bookings. Those booking Library spaces are responsible for ensuring all attendees wear masks and have provided Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination with matching personal ID and wear masks when not eating or drinking.
- All public computers and children’s play items will be out on the floor for your use.
- Contactless services will remain available, such as Ask the Library phone service, E-Library resources, digital Library card registration, and Curbside Pick-up.
For the latest in the Status of Library Service, please visit the Library’s website at halifaxpubliclibraries.ca or contact your Library location.