**** RCMP Media Release
Traffic stop leads to arrest and seizure of weapons and drugs in Plymouth
On August 24, Pictou District RCMP conducted a traffic stop that led to a 27-year-old man being arrested and the seizure of weapons and drugs.
At approximately 1:10 a.m., police stopped a vehicle on Holland Lane in Plymouth for having an obstructed licence plate. The male driver identified himself and was looking for the registration for the vehicle when the member observed illegal cigarettes in the vehicle. The driver was arrested without incident under the Revenue Act.
Further investigation revealed that the driver was also in possession of firearms and drugs. Police seized a shotgun, a rifle, suspected methamphetamine, illegal cigarettes, ammunition, a cellphone and cash.
Michael Daniel MacNeil from Stellarton has been remanded into custody and will next appear in Pictou Provincial Court on August 26. He is charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x 2
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized x 2
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle x 2
- Fail to Comply with Condition of Release Order x 2