**** RCMP Media Release
UPDATE: Timothy Black has been arrested for Home Invasion
Timothy Black, the suspect in a home invasion in Wolfville Ridge, has been arrested.
On August 1 at 6:02 a.m., police were called to a residence on Ridge Rd. in Wolfville Ridge, following a report of a home invasion. Two occupants of the home were confronted by a man at the door pointing a firearm and demanding to come inside the home. The man then smashed the window of the door and managed to enter the home. The two occupants fled the property in a vehicle and contacted police. The occupants were not injured.
The suspect was identified as Timothy David Raymond Black, 51, of Wolfville. Black was charged with the following offences on August 6 and a warrant was issued for his arrest:
· Break and Enter and Commit – Section 348(1)(b) CC
· Pointing a Firearm – Section 87 CC
· Using a Firearm while Committing an Offence – Section 85(1)(a) CC
· Possession of a Firearm without a License – Section 92(1) CC
· Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition – Section 95 CC
· Careless Use of a Firearm – Section 86(1) CC
· Careless Storage of a Firearm – Section 86(2) CC
· Theft of Motor Vehicle – Section 333.1 CC
After receiving numerous tips and information from the public, on August 23, Black was located by Cape Breton Regional Police in the Balls Creek area. In the early morning hours of August 24, after negotiation, the Cape Breton Regional Police Emergency Response Team and a K9 handler successfully arrested Black without incident. Black has been remanded into custody and will appear in Sydney Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. today.
The investigation is ongoing and is being led by the Kings District General Investigation Section with assistance from the Valley Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit, Kings District RCMP and RCMP Forensic Identification Services.
The RCMP would like to thank the public for their assistance and retweets on social media which helped lead to the arrest of Black.