**** HRM Media Release
Halifax Transit launches Transit Code campaign
Halifax Transit has officially launched a guide for passenger conduct and passenger policies in an effort to help foster safety, courtesy and respect.
The Transit Code campaign is relevant to everyone, and aims to:
- Improve awareness of Halifax Transit policies;
- Highlight Halifax Transit’s zero-tolerance policies and practices regarding prohibited conduct including racism, discrimination, harassment, verbal and physical abuse, and other serious behaviours; and,
- Clarify passenger courtesy practices, including key themes related to entry and exit, bags and backpacks, courtesy seats, and respecting others’ space and privacy while using transit.
The campaign will be shared publicly via a multi-media approach including:
- Signage at terminals and on buses;
- Digital ads;
- Transit Terminal engagement events;
- Printed Transit Code booklets; and,
- Transit Code website (halifax.ca/transitcode).
Halifax Transit is committed to the safety and security of all staff and customers, in every transit vehicle and vessel, and on every transit property.
For more information about passenger conduct and policies, please visit halifax.ca/transitcode.