**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man with 29 weapons and drug offences
Police have charged a man with weapons and drug offences in relation to an investigation that occurred in Dartmouth this weekend.
Investigators in the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Special Enforcement Section, along with patrol members from East Division, conducted a traffic stop and seized a second vehicle on Collins Grove in relation to an ongoing firearms investigation. Investigators seized three handguns, ammunition and a quantity of cocaine. A man was arrested without incident.
Marco Morrell Simmonds, 33, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Unsafe handling of a firearm (x3)
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose (x3)
- Carrying a concealed weapon (x3)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (x3)
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized (x3)
- Unauthorized possession in a motor vehicle (x3)
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition (x3)
- Possession of firearm where serial number has been altered defaced or removed
- Possessions of firearms and ammunition contrary to a court order (x6)
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
Police encourage anyone with information about illegal firearms to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.