**** HRP Media Release
Don’t forget your helmet
Halifax Regional Police reminds you to fasten on your helmet before hopping on your bike, strapping on your rollerblades or pushing off on your scooter.
Under the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Act, you are required to wear a helmet for all wheeled activities, whether on public or private lands and roads, skate parks or playgrounds.
Wheeled activities include:
- scooters (both self-propelled and motorized)
A proper helmet should:
- Fit comfortably on top of your head and sit low on your forehead, just above the eyebrow.
- Not move if you shake your head.
- Have an outer shell, inner protective liner, chin straps that hold the helmet firmly in place and adjustable sizing pads.
- Meet CPSC, CSA or Snell standards.
More information on helmet safety is available at: