**** RCMP Media Release
Pictou County District RCMP has charged a 32-year-old New Glasgow man, following an investigation into a shooting in Pictou that left one man injured.
On May 24 at approximately 12:27 a.m., the RCMP responded to a call of a shooting at a commercial lodging in Pictou. A 32-year-old man incurred non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to hospital.
On May 28, police attended a home in New Glasgow and arrested Gary Cameron, who was injured in the shooting. Cameron remains in custody and he is scheduled to appear in Pictou Provincial Court today and is charged with the following:
• Careless Use of a Firearm
• Carrying a Concealed Weapon
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
• Possession of a Firearm while Prohibited
• Failure to Comply with Release Order
The investigation determined that another person was involved, and a warrant has been issued for a 26-year-old woman.
The investigation continues.