**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man with weapons and drug offences after search in Dartmouth
Police have charged a man with weapons and drug trafficking offences in relation to searches in Dartmouth last week.
On May 7, investigators in the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Special Enforcement Section obtained a warrant, and along with Emergency Response Team members and East Division patrol officers, searched an address on Trinity Avenue and seized a vehicle in relation to an ongoing investigation. Investigators seized a quantity of cocaine, a number of pills and a quantity of cash from the residence and located a loaded rifle in the vehicle.
Tyus Jay John Lee McSween, 22, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- Possession of a firearm contrary to an order (x 2)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine
Police encourage anyone with information about illegal weapons or drug activity to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.