**** HRM Media Release
Career firefighter recruitment drive underway
Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency (HRFE) is launching its career firefighter recruitment drive.
Do you want to make a difference in your community? HRFE is inviting applications for the development of a candidate pool for permanent full-time career firefighters.
HRFE is committed to developing a workforce that is reflective of the diverse communities it serves. We encourage applications from African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ+ community. The municipality encourages applicants to self-identify.
Being a firefighter is a challenging and rewarding career that offers the opportunity to help others, while working as a member of a highly skilled team.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Nova Scotia Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or equivalent from another province) with a safe and responsible driving record
- Candidates must complete security/background screening which includes a review of a criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check, a child abuse registry check and a driver’s abstract. It also includes an integrity interview.
- Successful candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English. These skills will be assessed as you move through the competition. Further assessment of language proficiency may be required.
- Must be 18 or older at the time of the application
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- The selection process will include aptitude testing, physical abilities testing, and a panel interview.
If you are community minded, highly motivated, physically fit, and a team player, you should consider becoming a firefighter.
Applications must be submitted through the online application system no later than 11:59 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST) on Sunday, February 21, 2021.
For more information on how to apply, visit halifax.ca/firerecruitment