**** HRP Media Release
Police share tips to reduce vehicle break-ins
Halifax Regional Police is continuing to receive reports of thefts from vehicles across the Halifax region. We are continuing to conduct neighbourhood patrols and are sharing information and tips for citizens:
- Always lock your vehicle, even when parked in your driveway.
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in plain view.
- Leave outside lights or motion sensors on or park in well-lit areas. With the clock turning back on Sunday, it will be getting dark earlier and staying dark longer.
- Call police immediately at 902-490-5020 if you see suspicious activity in or around parked vehicles (e.g. someone walking by cars and trying the door handles.)
- File a report with police if you have had property stolen from or damage to your vehicle. You’ll need a police file number for insurance purposes and the information will help us track incidents and deploy our resources.