**** EMO Media Release
Coronavirus Disease | COVID-19
What you can do
- If you are feeling unwell, please call 811 for an initial assessment.
- Nova Scotia Health Authority has established COVID-19 assessment centres. If you need in-person assessment, 811 will refer you to a centre. Don’t go to a COVID-19 assessment centre unless 811 referred you.
- Practicing good hygiene remains the best defence against illness. Visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus/ for information.
- Follow any advice and recommendations from your personal health care provider and governing bodies such as Public Health Agency of Canada regarding COVID-19.
- Residents can also call 311 for updated information on municipal services.
- Access 211 to find non-municipal services and programs offered by local community groups, non-profits and government departments.
- NS Health and Wellness Novel Coronavirus website
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Awareness resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada contact details:
- Toll free: 1-833-784-4397
- Email: email@example.com