**** EMO Media Release
Coronavirus Disease | COVID-19
The municipality’s Emergency Management Office (EMO) is working very closely with provincial partners at Health and Wellness as the provincial lead, and NS EMOto prepare and respond to the increased likelihood of more COVID-19 infections in Canada.
The health and wellness of our residents and employees is our main priority. Practicing good hygiene remains the best defence against illness. We all need to take the necessary precautions in hand washing as we normally would for a flu season.
Information regarding municipal programs and services, as well as provincial health messages will be shared via Twitter @hfxgov,public service announcements and our website.
What you can do
- If you are feeling unwell, please call 811 for an initial assessment.
- Nova Scotia Health Authority has established COVID-19 assessment centres. If you need in-person assessment, 811 will refer you to a centre. Don’t go to a COVID-19 assessment centre unless 811 referred you.
- Practicing good hygiene remains the best defence against illness. Visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus/ for information.
- Follow any advice and recommendations from your personal health care provider and governing bodies such as Public Health Agency of Canada regarding COVID-19.
- Residents can also call 311 for updated information on municipal services.
- Access 211 to find non-municipal services and programs offered by local community groups, non-profits and government departments.
- NS Health and Wellness Novel Coronavirus website
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Awareness resources
- Public Health Agency of Canada contact details:
- Toll free: 1-833-784-4397
- Email: email@example.com