**** Info via Superstore / Loblaw
As confirmed, we took immediate action to ensure that the Bedford Superstore was safe for all of our colleagues and customers after a staff member was confirmed to have the COVID-19 virus. We want to thank all of our amazing colleagues who stepped up to help us resolve this so quickly, and thoroughly.
Measures Taken Yesterday / Overnight
- Out of an abundance of caution Bedford Superstore was closed as soon as we found out colleague tested positive. We were not required to do so, but decided that we would close the store out of abundance of caution.
- We have been working with Public Health to contact all potentially affected colleagues. Those team members are self-isolating and monitoring for symptoms.
- A professional cleaning company did a thorough cleaning of the store overnight – we contracted a 3rd party professional cleaning company to cover all areas of the store.
- Overnight we completed a deep clean and sanitization of the entire store. Additionally, colleagues and Department Heads are conducting another round of sanitization throughout the store.
- We followed all protocols within the store recommended by public health officials. If fact, we went above and beyond what was required.
- Public Health was satisfied with our protocols and have confirmed the risk to our customers was very low.
Existing Protocols in Place
The health and safety of our team has been a top priority
- We have increased sanitization processes, including frequent deep cleaning of all areas of the store.
- We procured gloves for all of our colleagues as quickly as possible.
- We have reduced store hours so that our teams have more time to clean, and rest.
- We are limiting the number of people in our busiest stores and ensuring that we’re allowing the space for customers to adhere to the 2-meter social distancing guideline provided by Health Canada.
- We are shutting down every other lane to create more space for everyone.
- We are promoting the use of credit and debit over the handling of cash.
- We are eliminating the handling of reusable bags.
- We have shut down cosmetic services and removed testing products.
- We have moved many of our production items to prepackaged
- We have packaged up all open air items ( Bulk food etc )
- We are continuing to pay colleagues impacted by COVID-19, so no one has to choose between their income and their health.
1 thought on “Measures taken to ensure customer and staff safety at Bedford Superstore after COVID-19 incident”