**** Parks Media Release
Canada 150 Trail and Lookout Opening
Warmer weather is upon us and this is the time of year we begin to prepare for the seasonal opening of the Canada 150 Trail and Lookout.
We’re pleased to inform you that we plan to open the trail to the public daily between the hours of 6:00 am and 9:00 pm. starting on June 1st and it will remain open through to October 31st.
In accordance with public health directives in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you practice physical distancing when you visit the trail to keep yourself and others safe by doing the following:
- Stay home if you feel sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
- Maintain a distance of least two metres between yourself and other visitors.
- Follow directives from the provincial government and local health authorities, including group size.
- Leave no trace. Take your garbage home to protect workers and keep the space clean.
- Wash your hands when you return home.
The health and safety of visitors are always our priority and we’re actively monitoring the situation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Canada 150 Trail and Lookout.
Shannon Park Redevelopment
Like many of you, our teams are all working from home, and some are even trying their hand at homeschooling their children! As we continue to respect the provincial and municipal requirements and guidelines, our team is continuing its work on planning efforts for Shannon Park.
Following the adoption of HRM’s new Centre Plan, Canada Lands submitted a development application based on the 2016 Development Concept which calls for the construction of a new residential, mixed-use community on the property. The plan includes a variety of housing types, parks and open spaces as well as local commercial, employment and institutional uses. As the review and approval process moves forward, we will continue keep you updated