**** HRP Media Release
Police lay charges for weapons and drug offences
Police have charged two men and three women with weapons and drug offences in relation to a search of a residence on Windmill Road in Dartmouth earlier this week.
On August 3 investigators in the Drug Unit and Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Special Enforcement Section, along with members from East Division patrol, conducted a search of a residence on Windmill Road in relation to an ongoing investigation. Investigators seized a shotgun, ammunition, a conducted energy weapon and a quantity of cocaine.
Two men, ages 29 and 59, and three women, ages 34, 37 and 41, have been arrested and are scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court at a later date to face charges of:
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose (x2)
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possessions of firearms and ammunition contrary to a court order (x4)
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
Police encourage anyone with information about illegal drugs or firearms to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.