**** HRP Media Release
Police charge three men and two women with drug and weapons offences after search in Halifax
Police have charged three men and two women with drug trafficking and weapons offences in relation to a search conducted yesterday in Halifax.
Yesterday investigators in the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Special Enforcement Section obtained a warrant for an address in downtown Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation. Investigators, with the assistance from members of the Emergency Response Team and Central Division patrol officers, searched the residence and seized a quantity of cocaine, codeine pills, over $1,000 in cash and a loaded pistol.
Two men, ages 48 and 25, and two women, ages 23 and 22, are scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court at a later date to face charges of:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Unsafe storage contrary to regulations
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a weapon obtained by the commission of an offence
- Possession of a substance for the purpose of trafficking (x2)
- Production of a controlled substance
Derrick Anthony Sealy, 24, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face the charges listed above as well as two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition while prohibited.
Police encourage anyone with information about illegal drug activity to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.