**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man with weapons offences after search in Halifax
Police have charged a man with weapons offences in relation to a search in Halifax yesterday.
Investigators in the Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Special Enforcement Section obtained a warrant, and along with Emergency Response Team members and West Division patrol officers, searched a residence in Halifax in relation to an ongoing firearms investigation. Investigators seized a handgun, a conductive energy weapon and ammunition.
Cambridge Jecoby Downey, 27, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court to face charges of:
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose (x2)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon knowing its possession is
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with accessible ammunition
The investigation is ongoing. Police encourage anyone with information about illegal firearms to contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.