**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man for weapons offences
Police have charged a man for weapons offences in relation to an incident that occurred last week.
On January 31 at approximately 6:30 a.m. police responded to a report of an impaired driver in the area of Joseph Howe Drive and Dutch Village Road in Halifax. Officers located the vehicle and the driver fled on foot. The vehicle was seized, and officers located a firearm, ammunition and magazines.
On February 5 at approximately 2:30 p.m. police located the man in a vehicle in the 500 block of Herring Cove Road in Halifax and arrested him.
A 35-year-old Calgary man is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court at a later date to face charges of:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in motor vehicle
- Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed.
- Resist arrest
- Impaired operation of a conveyance