**** HRP Media Release
Police have charged a man in relation to multiple theft and fraud incidents that occurred throughout the region over the last month.
At approximately 11:45 p.m. on January 15 East Division Patrol officers stopped a vehicle with a stolen license plate in the area of the Highway 118 near Exit 12 in Dartmouth. Officers arrested two men on outstanding warrants for failing to attend court and a woman was released without charges at the scene.
Officers seized stolen food items and electronic equipment, and counterfeit U.S. currency from the vehicle.
James Edward Sprague, 31, of Halifax, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Uttering counterfeit money (x 5)
- Possession of counterfeit money (x 2)
- Break and enter
- Theft of property under $5,000
- Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Breach of a court order (x 3)
- Breach of undertaking (x 10)
- Breach of Probation order (x 4)
Ronald Austin Dunbar, 56, of Halifax, will appear in Halifax Provincial Court at a later date to face a charge of failing to attend court.